How does the Brain function?
Your brain is made up of hundreds of billions of nerve cells (neurons) that work together beautifully when the brain is in a healthy state. Their fibers (axons & dendrites) form connections (synapses) with other nerve cells.
When a nerve cell is activated, it sends a low-level electrical current down its axon. This releases brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that reach across the gaps between nerve cells and latch onto receptors. These patterns of chemical and electrical signals travel between the nerve cells in your brain. All your senses, thoughts and actions affect specific sets of nerve cells and brain chemicals.
TCM, Medical Herbalism & Brain Health*
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), practitioners believe the body can heal itself and improve circulation to hard to reach areas like the brain. Creating balance and harmony within the body is the goal of TCM and Medical Herbalism. The bodys mechanisms that affect circulation to the brain need support as well. In eastern medicine philosophies, promoting balance and good health can be better achieved through stress reduction activities (like yoga, tai chi or meditation), detoxification, adequate clean water, effective supplementation, healthy diet, exercise and other healthy and natural techniques.
Questions? Call 1-888-522-4372
How to keep a Healthy Brain?
Most people do not spend much time thinking about how they can keep their brain mentally fit. But, the health of the brain in actuality, is one of the most critical factors governing almost everything we do.*
All our daily actions and functions are controlled by our brain and the state of our brain-health controls how well we do. There are many steps we can take to ensure the health of our brain. Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons and Dementia are some examples of consequences of not taking care of it.*
Lifestyle & Brain Health*
Healthy lifestyle choices can be an important first step in maintaining healthy brain function.*
Some common healthy tips for the brain are:
- Exercise At Least 30 Minutes A Day
- Exercise Your Mind By Staying Active In New Experiences
- Social Engagement & Learning Activities
- Get Adequate Sleep
- Maintain Healthy Normal Weight, Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Levels
- Limit Alcohol
- Keep A Positive State Of Mind
- Practice Stress Reducing Activities
- Avoid Unhealthy Food Such As Fast Food That Is High In Saturated Fats
- Reduce Table Salt & High Sodium Containing Foods
- Consume A Diet Rich In Fruits & Vegetables, Fiber, Lean Protein & Foods That Are Rich In Antioxidants, Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Consider Taking A Good Multivitamin Supplement.