5-HTP 100 mg 60 vegcaps (5HYD8)
5-HTP (100 mg = 60 veggie caps) by Pure Encapsulations
2 Sizes available = 60 or 180 Capsules per Bottle.
5-HPT is a dietary supplement derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant that may be used to support:
- Healthy sleep/wake cycles*
- Increased serotonin levels in the brain*
- Improved emotional well-well being*
- Appetite control*
- Made with gluten-free, hypoallergenic & vegan ingredients*
Suggested usage: As a dietary supplement, take 1-3 capsules daily,in divided doses, before a meal. Warning: Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Do not use with SSRI medications.
Product Ingredients per capsule: 5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) 100 mg. Other ingredients: hypo-allergenic plant fiber, vegetable capsule
Count: 60 Vegetarian Capsules or Larger 180 Capsule bottle
Servings Per Bottle: 20-60 Servings per 60 capsules.
Net Weight of 5-HTP Per Capsule: 100 mg
More information from the manufacturer:
Uses For Pure Encapsulations' 5-HTP May Include:
- Emotional Well-Being: The manufacturer describes 2 open trials and one double blind comparative investigation that indicated that 5-HTP provided promising support for emotional well-being. Additional studies indicated similar potential for support.*
- Appetite and Weight Management Support: 5-HTP has been shown to help food cravings & moderate appetite in study participants.*
- Cranial Vessel Comfort: In several research trials, including one that involved over 100 subjects, 5-HTP demonstrated the ability to promote healthy cranial vessel comfort & function.*
What Is The Source of Pure Encapsulations 5-HTP?
The source of 5-HTP is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. Each capsule also has Hypo-allergenic plant fiber which is derived from pine cellulose.
Recommendations for daily usage from Pure Encapsulations is 50-300 mg per day, in divided doses, before meals.
Supplementation with 5-HTP may encourage brain serotonin levels that can result into positive effects on a person's emotional well-being, appetite control, and sleep/wake cycles. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) can be utilized as an intermediate as part of the natural synthesis of L-tryptophan (an essential amino acid) to serotonin.
In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP has been shown to increase serotonin levels. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, 5-HTP converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme. The 5-HTP supplied in Pure Encapsulations' 5-HTP dietary supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. Serotonin is known as an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine & brain activity responsible for healthy emotions, appetite and wake/sleep/wake cycles.