Now that the Holidays are over, many people are trying to keep their health-oriented New Years' Resolutions. Among the most popular are detox diets that supposedly cleanse your body and environment of toxins found in processed foods and chemicals. While the diet may be well-intentioned, the methods and results leave much to be desired. Instead using a fad detox to reach your goal, use Get Well Natural's detox methods to rid your body of toxins. Here's to a healthy 2011!
Why Do I Need to Detox?
Many people feel lethargic or out of sync "for no reason." Those aches, pains, skin problems and more might actually be the result of too many toxins in your body. To feel like your old self, it's important to understand the three main components to detoxification: rest, clean eating and nourishment from the inside out. Here are some steps you can take to help detoxify your body:
Exercise regularly to maintain optimum health and sweat out those toxins.*
- Drink more water. If you don't like water, squeeze some lemon or lime into your glass to kick up the flavor.
- Eliminate alcohol and coffee from your diet – at least while you detox.
- Quit smoking. (You'll detox and live longer, too!)
- Take herbal supplements that support the body's natural ability to rid itself of toxins.
- Stop eating refined sugars and white flour. Instead, opt for whole grains (quinoa, barley, etc.) and natural sweeteners like stevia or raw honey.
- Try meditation or deep breathing exercises to help you relax. (Harboring stress negatively affects the liver.)
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Stock up on in-season produce like avocados, broccoli, grapefruit, mushrooms, oranges, swiss chard and more.
Detoxification: An Eastern Medicine Point of View
There's no doubt we're surrounded by pollutants – from the air we breathe, the food we eat, and more. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to detox your way to better health. In his article Detoxification: An Important Tool for Surviving in a Toxic World, Dr. Graeme Shaw reviews toxicity symptoms, describes the body's detoxification processes, and explains how to enhance detoxification naturally.*
Natural Cleaning Products for Your Home
On any given day, you're likely to come across a variety of toxins. According to National Geographic, many of these toxins are lurking in your own home! Fortunately, Newsweek offers nine ways to avoid household toxins, including limited use of canned food, plastic containers and even microwave popcorn. Popular household cleaners can also contain harmful chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that contribute to your body's toxicity levels. In fact, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, conventional cleaning products significantly contribute to indoor air pollution. Good thing you probably have the ingredients for a clean, sparkling home in your cupboard:
- Baking soda: a wonderful substitute for cleaning/scouring powders for sinks and tubs
- Distilled white vinegar: removes grease, lime deposits and odors
- Salt: a natural abrasive that cleans ovens and soaks up fresh stains on carpet
- Lemons: a natural bleach that dissolves soap scum and hard water deposits*
Do you use natural cleaning products in your home? Visit us on Twitter or Facebook and let us know your favorites.
Find Us on Facebook
If you haven't checked out our Facebook or Twitter page, you're missing out! Find out how to detox, watch videos about how sugar affects the immune system, learn new healthy recipes and more. To get helpful health tips all year long, click "Like" at the top of our Facebook page or "Follow" at the top of our Twitter page. It's that simple. See you there!
Products to Support Healthy Detoxification *
This combination kit offers generalized health support for the body's normal abilities to cleanse itself of toxins. If you're interested in liver, kidney, and overall body detoxification, our Detox Kit contains one bottle each of Cell Saver and Kidney Well. These two herbal combinations are designed to rebalance the body, allowing it to more efficiently support detoxification. As the body and its cells become less toxic, a normalization of cellular membrane function can occur.**
This concentrated extract may offer health support for healthy liver and body detoxification. Plus, it may improve your sense of balance, relaxation and well-being. In fact, the genus root of "dandelion" is "taraxacum," which is derived from the Greek words "taraxos" (disorder) and "akos" (remedy).*
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Not sure that Get Well Natural's products are right for you? There's no risk with our
100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you're not completely satisfied with our products, we'll give you a refund. For details, read our return policy .
What Our Customers Are Saying:
Dear Get Well Natural: I write this communication to let individuals with various immune disorders know that Get Well Natural and staff are true professionals. They were the driving force of educating and helping me understand my situation. These products that Get Well Natural provides are the real deal. No gimmicks, no hype, just effective dietary supplements to support my body.*
- - With Respect, William Shear, Ohio
See more customer testimonials