Happy April Fool's Day!
Dr. Mercola makes a very interesting point in his 2014 April Fools joke. In mocking the FDA, he shows just how absurd FDA policies can be, and he points out that the FDA may possibly become even more so.
April Fool's Joke: Raw Meat Ban
He does a poker face report on the FDA banning all raw meat! But is that really so farfetched? Thanks to the multibillion dollar beef lobby that isn't likely to happen any time soon, but the principle is the same.
What if the FDA did plan to ban raw meat sales in the US? Or irradiate all raw foods? Can you imagine how much this would affect everyone in the United States?
- Imagine going to the grocery store and having no options to buy raw meat and cook it the way you like it.
- Imagine family gatherings with home cooked meals without any raw meats to use.
- Imagine restaurants all using pre-cooked meats.
- Imagine going to a Japanese restaurant and no longer being able to order raw sushi!
- Imagine all those weekend barbeques with no raw meat to cook.
It sure seems hard for us to even imagine that this would ever happen in the United States but who knows. Our food and supplement (and other) freedoms are being chipped away at little by little.
Could A Raw Meat Ban Really Happen?
Who knows where the FDA will wind up some day? Raw meat ban? It's certainly not impossibe to imagine. And that is the point Dr. Mercola is making. He acknowledges how we must remain vigilant and take action to protect our freedoms. Dr. Mercola closes with some action ideas:
From Dr. Mercola:
The Real Power Is in Your Hands...For Now
I've often stated that if every American decided to not purchase food that comes from CAFOs, the entire system would collapse overnight. If this wasn't an April Fool's joke, the implementation of a nationwide ban on raw meat would have permanently closed this window of opportunity for change. Fortunately, sourcing your foods from a local farmer is still one of your best bets to ensure you're getting wholesome food, and I would encourage you to do so, to strenghten the availability of a truly sustainable food supply. The following organizations can help you locate farm-fresh foods in your local area:
- Local Harvest -- This Web site will help you find farmers' markets, family farms, and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area where you can buy produce, grass-fed meats, and many other goodies.
- Farmers' Markets -- A national listing of farmers' markets.
- Eat Well Guide: Wholesome Food from Healthy Animals -- The Eat Well Guide is a free online directory of sustainably raised meat, poultry, dairy, and eggs from farms, stores, restaurants, inns, and hotels, and online outlets in the United States and Canada.
- Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) -- CISA is dedicated to sustaining agriculture and promoting the products of small farms.
- FoodRoutes -- The FoodRoutes "Find Good Food" map can help you connect with local farmers to find the freshest, tastiest food possible. On their interactive map, you can find a listing for local farmers, CSAs, and markets near you.
Happy April Fool's Day from the staff at Get Well Natural, LLC!
We wish you all the best in health!