Dr. Mercola’s Can Wearing Your Bra Cause Cancer?
Is Your Bra Helping or Harming Your Body?
Dr. Mercola of Mercola.com fame recently published an interesting article about a study linking bras to cancer rates. The article is titled 'Can Wearing Your Bra Cause Cancer?' and discusses different types of bras and their potential effects on women’s health. In the article Dr. Mercola covers the following:
- Is Your Bra Helping or Harming Your Body?
- Reasons for wearing bras and that the right type of bra can make a big difference.
- The Underwire Bra — A Cancer-Causing Device?
- Discusses the potentially negative health effects of having metal close to you body as in the most popular bra out there. The interruption of important reflex points and the antennae effect are discussed.
- Bra Wearers May Face Up to 125-Fold Higher Cancer Risk
- Discusses the findings of a study of over 4,000 women by medical anthropologists Sydney Singer and Soma Grismaijer, authors of Dressed to Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras. The study links the greatest reduced cancer risk to not wearing a bra at all.
- Healthier Options are Available
- Discusses replacing the metal wire in an underwire with plastic, even doing it yourself. Also recommends forgoing the underwire bra altogether for an alternative type of bra.
- A Healthy Life Depends on Healthy Choices
- This goes without saying of course. Always educate yourself!