Chemical-Free Ways to Discourage Household Pests
Jennifer Noonan of BobVila.com published an interesting article about how to rid your home of pests naturally.
The article is called "Pests, Be Gone! 10 Natural Ways to Make Your Home Critter-Free" with the tagline "No need to use chemicals—instead, use these herbal, fruity, or soap-laden solutions for problems with pests like ants, mice, and mosquitos.”
The article showcases 11 natural ways to combat pests from flies to deer. These natural methods are as simple as putting potted basil around doors to repel flies, to a fake wasp nest to convince wasps the area is already occupied. The article covers some really neat and simple methods of natural pest control you might want to check out further.
Click Here for the Full Article. It’s in slides so be sure to click through to each one!
There are also links for more information including:
- The Complete Natural Guide to Apartment Pest Control and Prevention
- Top 10 Ways to Deal with Bees
- Termites! Now What?
Here are the topics of the article:
- Block Flies with Basil
- Scare Off Spiders with Citrus
- Avoid Ants with Vinegar
- Feed Mice to the Owls
- Fake Out Wasps with a Fake Nest
- Combat Mosquitos with Catnip
- Repel Fleas with Salt
- Diminish Dust Mites with Cinnamon Oil
- Eliminate Fruit Flies with a Deadly Recipe
- Deter Deer with Irish Spring