Featured Health Support Products
Herbal Antioxidant Herbal Anti Inflammatory*
Phyto Antioxidant May Offer Health Support For:
- Kidney & Immune Health*
- Oxidative Stressors / Free Radicals*
- Anti Inflammatory Conditions*
- Healthy Urinary Protein Levels*
- Immune Function Support*
Magnesium Citrate May Offer Support For:
- Stress Management Health*
- Healthy Metabolism*
- Natural Calming of the Mind*
100% Money Back Guarantee!
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes fatigue and muscle pain. People with fibromyalgia can have chronic widespread pain, as well as "tender points" on the neck, back, shoulders, hips, arms, and legs, which hurt when slight pressure (about 9 pounds) is applied.
- People with fibromyalgia may also have other symptoms, such as:
- Trouble sleeping
- Morning stiffness
- Problems with thinking and memory (sometimes called "fibro fog")
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Does Fibromyalgia cause Female Cramps?
Women with fibromyalgia may also have painful menstrual periods. Fibromyalgia may also be associated with depression.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
In conventional medicine, the causes of fibromyalgia are unknown, but problems with the nervous system could be involved. It is estimated that fibromyalgia affects as many as 1 in 50 Americans. Most people with fibromyalgia are women, and most are diagnosed during middle age. However, men and children also can have the disorder.
"Complementary & Alternative Medicine" and Fibromyalgia:
People with chronic health conditions such as fibromyalgia often turn to some form of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). This form of medicine includes a group of diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not presently considered to be part of conventional medicine. If you are considering a CAM therapy for fibromyalgia, this information can help you talk to your health care provider about your situation.
CAM Practices Used for Fibromyalgia
- Conventional therapies for fibromyalgia are limited, and research shows that about 90 percent of people with fibromyalgia use some form of CAM. CAM practices used by people with fibromyalgia include:
- Chiropractic care
- Magnesium supplements
- Magnet therapy
- Massage therapy
- SAMe (S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine)
- Tai chi